As spring symbolizes new beginnings, so does the spring intake in Canada. It is the season of fresh opportunities. Also known as the summer intake, it starts in May and is one of the three intakes offered. For Indian students aspiring to study abroad, several Canadian institutions invite them to enroll in various programs for Spring intake. Through this article, let's take you through the Summer/Spring intake in Canada.
Table of Contents
Why to Choose Spring Intake in Canada
May/Spring intake in Canada unveils several benefits or advantages for Indian students:
- Flexible Enrollment: It offers you the opportunity to enroll in your desired university if you have missed the fall or winter intake or want more time for preparation.
- Admission to Desired Program: Several universities offer a variety of programs specifically for the Spring intake in Canada. You can enroll in such programs easily.
- Enhanced Learning Experience: As few students enroll in the May intake, the class size is smaller compared to fall and winter intakes. Therefore, it has more focused attention and ample resources, enhancing the overall learning journey.
- Job and Internship Opportunities: Studying in Spring intake also aligns with summer internships and job openings. This leads to a good start in building career connections.
- Favorable Weather Condition: Canada becomes pretty cold and snowy during winter, making it difficult for students to adjust. So, the summer intake helps students arrive in Canada in pleasant weather, easing adjustment for them.
Top Spring Intake Universities in Canada 2024
Canada spring intake allows you to study popular courses in the following universities.
|University of the Fraser Valley
|Information Technology, Anthropology, Dental Studies
|Mount Saint Vincent University
|Public Relations, Tourism and Hospitality Management, BBA
|Public Safety, Interior Design, Supply Chain Management
|New York Institute of Technology
|Instructional Technology, Energy Management, MBA
|Music therapy, Early Childhood Care & Education, Design
|Sport Management, Game Design, Public Health
|Accounting and Finance, Engineering Technology
|Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, MBA
|Vancouver Community College
|Culinary Arts, Accounting, Marketing Technology
|Arts, Animation and Design, Aviation and Aerospace, Information Technology, Networking, and Software Engineering
|University of Waterloo
|Economics and Business, Computer Science, Chemical Engineering
|Media Production, Nursing, Engineering
|Health Sciences and Emergency Services, Veterinary Sciences, Engineering Technology and Trades
This is only a short list, there are several other programs and institutes as well available for Spring intake in Canada.
Eligibility for Spring Intake in Canada 2024
The admission procedure is not that complex for May intake in Canada. You will have to do your homework on the eligibility criteria at the institutions where you wish to apply, along with providing original hard copies of documents. Here are some of the documents that you will need:
- Score sheets of TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, and GMAT, depending on whichever is applicable
- A Statement of Purpose or SOP
- Letters of Recommendation or LORs
- Essays or research proposals (Optional)Official academic transcripts of your X and XII standard, along with other degree courses
- Photocopy of a valid passport
- Updated resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- Two passport-size photographs
- Certificates of extra-curricular activities
Where Should you Apply for Spring Intake in Canada
You should directly apply at the websites of universities offering admission into courses during the spring intake. You will find online application forms that you must fill out while attaching all requisite documents simultaneously. You should apply well before the deadline since you can only start your study visa procedure after getting your offer letter from the university.
How to Apply for Spring Intake in Canada 2024
Compared to the January or winter intake, the Canada spring intake procedure is slightly different. You will have to begin applying from October to December since most colleges will have spring intake deadlines between October and February. Keep tracking university websites for updated information. The final dates usually fall in February, although they are subject to change. Here are the steps to follow:
- Research and identify the university where you want to apply for the spring intake in Canada. Also, check the course list and the eligibility requirements.
- Prepare and attempt the standardized tests for admission and English proficiency. It will include exams, such as GMAT, GRE, SAT, IELTS, TOEFL, and PTE. You must take the test based on the requirements of your desired institution.
- On the official university website, you can fill out the application form. Check the list of required documents and upload them. Make the application fee payment and submit the form.
- After submitting the form, you will receive a letter of acceptance. Make sure you accept it for further processing. Keep checking your email regularly.
- Prepare the funds needed to study and stay in Canada for the entire program. If you are looking for a loan, then apply for it.
- Apply for a study visa in Canada.
Scholarships Available in Spring Intake Canada 2024
There are a few scholarships that you can check out for the spring intake. They include the following:
|OGS (Ontario Graduate Scholarship)
|Maximum CAD 15,000 (CAD 5,000 per term)
|December 4, 2023
|Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships
|CAD 50,000 annually for three years during a doctoral degree
Frequently Asked Questions
What is spring intake in Canada?
Spring intake means the application window for colleges and universities in Canada that falls in May. This is also called the summer or May intake. This is not a very popular time to apply since not all colleges have courses and admission slots during this period. This semester is also not compulsory, so those missing out on earlier intakes try to apply in this period.
What are Canada’s spring and fall intake?
The spring intake in Canada is during May. It is also called the May or summer intake. During this time, limited colleges and courses are available, and students do not usually prefer applying. This semester is also not compulsory. At the same time, the fall intake or the primary one for admissions into universities and colleges will be the September-December or early January period in Canada. This is the time when almost all courses and colleges are available for applicants. It is the most popular time for international aspirants to apply for their chosen Canadian institutions.
Do Canadian universities have spring intake?
Although there are limited institutions and courses available in this period, Canadian universities do have spring intakes. This intake happens in May and is also called the summer intake. The May intake does not have many institutions since the semester is optional for students. A majority of students do not apply during this time. Usually, those missing out on the fall intake or other slots apply in the spring intake if their preferred courses are available.
Exams to Study AbroadIELTS ExamGRE ExamGMAT ExamTOEFL ExamSAT Exam
Top Study Abroad DestinationsUSAGermanyUKCanadaAustralia
Important ResourcesStatement of PurposeWhat is SGPABest Education System in the WorldBest Flying School in the WorldVidya Lakshmi PortalCanada vs IndiaStem Courses in USAMBA from AbroadErasmus Mundus ScholarshipGuide to Settle in EuropeCanada Free Courses
Get Free Consultation
- Job Opportunities In Finland
- MBBS In Armenia
- Education System In Finland
- MBBS In Georgia
- Study In Italy
- MBA In Dubai
- Job Opportunities In Denmark
- Student Visa For Denmark
- Scholarship For Japan
- Cost Of Living In Melbourne
- Ielts Band Score Calculator
- Education Loan Calculator
- Phd In Finland
- Degree Vs Diploma: Key Differences
- Expense Calculator
- Packing List For Indian Students Going To Canada