Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is a standardized entrance examination to get admission into the top-ranked business schools worldwide. The test evaluates the skills that students need to perform in b-schools. A strong GMAT score makes it easy for students to take admission in globally recognized and ranked b-schools.
So, if you want to appear for GMAT, it is important to know the GMAT exam duration and what you need to carry to the examination center on the day of the examination.
Table of Contents
Duration of GMAT Examination
The GMAT examination has four sections - analytical writing assessment, integrated reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and verbal reasoning. Students can take two optional breaks of eight minutes during the test. The total GMAT exam duration is 3 hours 7 minutes, excluding two optional eight-minute breaks. Here is the section-wise time allotted for the GMAT exam duration:
- Analytical Writing Assessment: 30 minutes
- Integrated Reasoning: 30 minutes
- Quantitative Reasoning: 62 minutes
- Verbal Reasoning: 65 minutes
Explore Free Guides
Things to Carry on the Exam Day
According to Graduate Management Admission Council, GMAC, every GMAT aspirant needs to follow the rules and regulations about what they should carry along with them to the test center. Here’s a complete list of things that you need to carry along with you on the day of the GMAT examination:
1. Approved photo identification copy: Carry along a photo identification proof that GMAT approves. If you forget to carry along an ID proof or it does not meet the requirements according to the qualifications, you will not be allowed to take the test. According to GMAC, a photo identification proof should be approved if it has the following:
- Your name is in the Roman alphabet. It should be spelled in the same manner you mentioned while filling up the GMAT examination application form.
- The date of birth should be the same as you mentioned in the application form.
- A recent photograph.
- Digital signature.
2. Appointment confirmation letter: It can also be the formal official email you received from Pearson VUE. If there is any confusion regarding the exam date or time, you can solve such discrepancies with the help of the application confirmation.
4. Prescription eyeglasses are allowed to wear during the test.
5. Light sweater or any comfortable layers you want to put on while writing the test.
6. If you need any other help or support due to physical disabilities, you need to get those things approved by the test center with prior information.
Know More About GMAT:
|Syllabus For GMAT
|Exam Pattern of GMAT
|GMAT Exam Dates 2022
|GMAT Test Centers in India
|GMAT Results & GMAT Scores
|Validity of GMAT Score
|GMAT Preparation Books
Frequently Asked Questions
How long is the GMAT exam duration?
The GMAT exam duration is 3 hours and 7 minutes. It has four separately timed sections. Additionally, there are two optional breaks of 8 minutes each, which candidates can take if they intend to. These breaks are not included in the GMAT time duration.
How long to study to score 750 in GMAT?
Well, it all depends on what your study schedule looks like. Some people can manage with two to three hours of study daily. Others may take four to five hours of study to grasp the same content. If you are aiming for a 750-score in your GMAT, you need to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Devote at least two to three hours to study for seven to eight weeks.
- Note down your strengths and weaknesses. Work on your weak areas daily by means of practice.
- Manage your time wisely if you need to do 30 questions in 60 minutes. Set out a timer for the activity. Follow the same principle while solving sample papers. This will help you in aligning your time as per the GMAT exam duration.
- Plan out your strategy based on your circumstances. Do not copy anyone’s strategy.
- If you are taking a lot of time in some questions, list out those questions and devise a strategy to bring down the time. This activity will enhance your performance when taking the exam.
- Stick to only a few books. Make sure you revise each book at least four times. After revision, you should start practicing sample papers.
Is GMAT difficult?
No, it is not difficult to crack GMAT if you have prepared well for it. You only need to be disciplined in your approach and go through the syllabus well.
Where is GMAT accepted?
Now available in both online and offline format, GMAT is accepted by top business schools worldwide. More than 2,300+ schools use the GMAT exam for MBA admissions. Some of the top b-schools that accept GMAT scores include Harvard Business School, Booth School of Business, Yale School of Management, among others.
Popular Study Abroad Destinations
Important ExamsIELTS ExamTOEFL ExamPTE ExamGRE ExamSAT ExamACT ExamDuolingo English Test
Important Resources for GMAT ExamGMAT Exam EligibilityGMAT Syllabus GMAT Exam Pattern GMAT Exam DatesGMAT Test CentersHow to register for GMATGMAT ResultsGMAT Score Validity Best Books for GMAT Preparation MBA in Canada Without GMATMBA in Germany Without GMATGMAT AWAMBA in Ireland without GMATMBA in UK without GMATMBA in USA without GMATMBA in Australia Without GMATGMAT SectionsGMAT Integrated ReasoningGMAT Reading ComprehensionGRE vs GMATMasters in Finance in Canada Without GMAT
Get free Consultation for GMAT Exam
IELTS Sample Essay
IELTS Cue Card
IELTS Reading Answer
- What Gets Sharper The More You Use It
- Disadvantages of A Nuclear Family
- Letter Email Telephone Are Example Of Communication Channels
- Nowadays Many People Choose To Be Self Employed
- Young People Are Often Influenced By Their Peers
- Famous Brands Of Clothes
- How To Face Problems In Life
- Write About Your Family
- Understand the Most Important Characteristics of a Society
- Difference Between Online And Offline Classes
- Life in A Big City Paragraph
- Theme Of The Poem The Road Not Taken
- Telecommuting Has Many Advantages And the Following Drawbacks
- Honesty is the Best Policy Essay
- Social Media Advantages and Disadvantages Essay
- Essay on Coronavirus 150 Words
- Learning is A Continuous Process
- Essay On Generation Gap
- Paragraph On Digital India
- Advantages of Plastic Containers