The GMAT, or the Graduate Management Admission Test, is a standard entrance examination students take to get admission to top-ranked business schools. The GMAT Focus Edition is the only accepted GMAT version from February 2024 and consists of three test sections: quantitative reasoning, verbal reasoning, and data insights (with a total duration of 2 hours and 15 minutes). Let us see the updated GMAT exam fees in India in this article.
Table of Contents
Current GMAT Exam Fees in India
The GMAT exam fee in India is US$275, which is approximately ₹22,800 for an exam delivered at the test center and US$300 (₹24,900) for an exam delivered online. To avoid multiple attempts, it is strongly advised that students prepare thoroughly for the test.
GMAT Exam Cancellation Fees
Candidates cannot cancel or modify the GMAT examination within 24 hours of the examination. That is why students need to choose and book the test slot carefully.
Cancellation Time Frame
(Delivered at Test Center)
Refund Amount (Delivered Online)
More than 60 days before the appointment
15-60 days before appointment
14 days and less before appointment
GMAT Exam Rescheduling Fees
Students can reschedule their test date by paying the additional fees as below:
Reschedule Time Frame
Rescheduling Fees (Test Center)
Rescheduling Fees (Online)
More than 60 days before the appointment
15-60 days before the appointment
14 days and less before the appointment
GMAT Fee Waivers
- Not everyone can afford the cost of attending a business school. The students who come from financially underprivileged backgrounds can avail the option of the GMAT fee waiver to lessen their burden.
- Anyone can apply for the option of the GMAT fee waiver. The applicants, on the other hand, are unable to apply for this waiver directly. Instead, GMAC leaves it up to the business schools to allow exam fee waivers for their students.
- GMAC gives schools the option of deciding which applicants are eligible for a fee waiver or reduction. In a 12-month period, schools are allowed to apply for 10 fee waivers.
- GMAC permits institutions to choose their own criteria for determining a student's financial need. This implies that anyone seeking a fee waiver will have to demonstrate their financial need to the school.
- The GMAT fee waiver can be applied through the candidate’s undergraduate school or through the MBA program they have applied for. But, before anyone applies for a fee waiver through any of these sources, they need to confirm with their school’s financial aid department if they offer a GMAT fee waiver.
- The school will not only determine if a candidate is eligible for a test fee waiver but also how much of a fee waiver or reduction they are eligible for. They will have to provide the school with their financial need statement, justifying their economic condition and why they cannot afford the GMAT test fee.
Explore Free Guides
GMAT Exam Fees Payment Information
Credit and Debit Cards
- When paying for the GMAT exam and/or any additional product or service with a credit or debit card, candidates should only consider VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover Network Cards.
- If the credit or debit card is declined, an appointment will be automatically canceled. Only a candidate is responsible for scheduling another test appointment with a valid payment.
- If anyone uses a stolen or fraudulent credit or debit card, the registration will be canceled. Any of the candidate’s previous scores may be canceled and Graduate Management Admission Council may notify both schools and law enforcement authorities.
- A candidate may be barred from taking further examinations or requesting more score reports if they incorrectly challenge or dispute the fee with the credit card company.
Cashier’s Checks, Money Orders, and Personal Checks
When paying for the GMAT exam by cashier check, money order, or personal check, one should consider the following:
- The payment must be sent to Pearson VUE-GMAT in US dollars, drawn on a US bank, and for the entire sum, including any relevant taxes.
- The current date should be listed.
- Have the appropriate signature (s).
- Have the bank's name and its location pre-printed on the check's face.
If the check is returned due to insufficient funds, Pearson VUE may deduct a service fee from the candidate’s account electronically and their appointment will be canceled. Candidates are responsible for scheduling another test appointment with a valid payment.
Expert Tips on Pursuing MBA Abroad
Learn everything about MBA abroad with this e-guide. Get to know about different types of MBA, the benefits of pursuing an MBA degree abroad, how to choose an MBA degree, top business school requirements, top MBA universities, scholarships, job prospects after an MBA abroad, and more.
Now, get answers to every MBA abroad-related question with this ebook.
GMAT Exam Fee : FAQs
Can I get a discount on my GMAT fees?
Yes, GMAC offers discounts and GMAT fee waivers for economically backward candidates. It helps many financially weak students to take the GMAT examination for free or at a discounted rate.
How can I apply for a GMAT test fee waiver?
Students can apply for a GMAT fee waiver through the undergraduate school or MBA program they have applied for. Before applying, they should confirm whether the b- school offers a fee waiver program or not.
What is the GMAT exam fee in India?
The GMAT exam fee in India is $275, which is approximately ₹22,800 for the exam delivered at a test center and $300 (approximately 24,900) for the online GMAT exam. The Indian value of the cost may vary due to changes in foreign currency rates (Rupee-Dollar Value).
How to pay the GMAT Focus Edition exam fees?
If a candidate chooses to register for the GMAT exam online, the most frequent method of payment is by credit or debit card. When paying for the GMAT Focus Edition online, candidates should keep the following things in mind:
- GMAC accepts only Visa, American Express, Mastercard, and Discover Network Cards.
- If any of the cards are denied, the appointment will be instantly canceled, and the candidates will be required to arrange another test window with a valid payment.
- The registration will be canceled if anyone uses any fraudulent card. Besides, a candidate's previous GMAT scores, if any, may be canceled. GMAC will also notify law enforcement and business schools about the same.
If a candidate has mailed a registration form (paper form), they can pay the GMAT Fcous Edition test fee through a cashier’s check, money order, or a personal check. When paying the GMAT exam fee by check or money order, candidates should consider the following points:
- The payment must be made in US dollars and must be payable to Pearson VUE-GMAT.
- They must not list the postdate, but the current date.
- The check should have the candidate’s appropriate signature.
How much does it cost to send GMAT Focus Edition score reports?
The service of sending official GMAT score reports to up to five institutes selected by the candidate at the test center prior to the start of their GMAT Focus Edition test, is covered under the GMAT exam registration fee. However, if a candidate chooses to send additional score reports, the cost is US$35 per recipient.