PTE or Pearson Test of English is a computer-based English language proficiency test that evaluates the language skills of candidates. It is widely accepted by foreign universities worldwide. PTE academic examination measures language proficiency in speaking, listening, writing, and reading skills. It is a three-hour English language test which is a mandatory admission requirement to study abroad.
PTE examination registration fee is INR 13,700. Students are recommended to take the test only after preparing well to avoid multiple attempts. Here are some important tips for PTE exam preparation that can guide you to get a good score.
PTE exam tips and guidelines
- The PTE writing part has an essay. It is important to understand the topic and plan the essay accordingly. Follow the word limit and do not write less than the minimum word limit.
- Focus on vocabulary and pronunciation in the speaking section. Avoid unnecessary fillers and do not pause while speaking.
- Read many books texts, and watch various English shows and movies, which helps in the listening section. Practice scanning the content to identify the important keywords to write the answer quickly without going through the entire passage.
- Grammar and vocabulary are very important to get a good score in the PTE exam. Get a good hold over synonyms and avoid complicated words where you may end up making spelling or pronunciation mistakes.
- It is a computer-based examination, so practice writing on your computer to enhance your typing speed. It helps in the management of time in the examination.
- In the listening section, take note of all the important facts and information that can be used to draft the answer later on.
- Do not provide any example unless the question or the examiner asks for it.
- Keep all answers precise and crisp without dragging along the line and extending the word limit. Maintain quality over quantity.
- Proofread your essay after you’re done writing. Focus on writing an excellent introduction and conclusion.
How to prepare for the PTE exam? Follow the tips mentioned above and prepare for PTE to study at recognized universities abroad. It is accepted widely by a network of universities and for visa purposes. Plan your study and be consistent, as a good PTE score makes it easy to get admission to foreign universities.
Study Abroad Preparation Course
What does the Course include:
- 12 Weeks of Dedicated Coaching to Build a robust profile for Top 1% Universities
- SOP & Personal Statements For Academic Writing
- 25 hours of live online classes with mock tests for IELTS
- Visa, University Application & Submission
- Country-specific Support with Education loan Guidance
- International Faculty Masterclass
Important ExamsIELTS ExamTOEFL ExamGRE ExamGMAT ExamSAT ExamACT ExamDuolingo English Test
Important Resources for PTE ExamPTE Eligibility CriteriaPTE Exam SyllabusPTE Exam DatesPTE Test Centers PTE Results & ScoresPTE Exam PatternPTE Exam RegistrationPTE Accepted Universities in USAPTE Accepted Universities in CanadaPTE Speaking TestPTE Reading TestPTE Listening TestPTE Writing TestPTE Accepted Universities in UK
Get free Consultation for PTE Exam
IELTS Sample Essay
IELTS Cue Card
IELTS Reading Answer
- Write About Your Family
- Nowadays Many People Choose To Be Self Employed
- Disadvantages of A Nuclear Family
- Theme Of The Poem The Road Not Taken
- Life in A Big City Paragraph
- Honesty is the Best Policy Essay
- Essay on Coronavirus 150 Words
- Young People Are Often Influenced By Their Peers
- Paragraph On Digital India
- How To Face Problems In Life
- Essay On Generation Gap
- Letter Email Telephone Are Example Of Communication Channels
- Advantages of Plastic Containers
- Social Media Advantages and Disadvantages Essay
- Telecommuting Has Many Advantages And the Following Drawbacks
- Famous Brands Of Clothes
- What Gets Sharper The More You Use It
- Difference Between Online And Offline Classes
- Understand the Most Important Characteristics of a Society
- Learning is A Continuous Process