TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language®) Resources
- TOEFL Exam: What is TOEFL Exam
- Universities Accepting TOEFL in Canada
- TOEFL Exam Fee 2024: How Much does TOEFL Cost in India
- TOEFL Accepted Universities in UK - A Brief Guide
- TOEFL Preparation Books For 2024- The Best Choices for You
- TOEFL Syllabus For Reading, Writing, Listening & Speaking
- TOEFL Exam Dates 2024-25: Check City Wise TOEFL Dates
- TOEFL Exam Registration: What is TOEFL Registration Number
- Types of Essays in TOEFL: Important Informations & Sample
- What is the difference between TOEFL iBT & TOEFL Essentials
- TOEFL Accepted Countries - Things to Know
- TOEFL Listening Section: Question Types and Tips
Test of English as a Foreign Language® (TOEFL)
TOEFL assesses the English language skills of candidates with a native language other than English. Applicants wishing to study or work abroad need to furnish their TOEFL scores. It measures a candidate's abilities in listening, reading, speaking, and writing skills so that they can imbibe the teachings at a university abroad. Created by Educational Testing Service (ETS), the test measures a candidate's ability to adjust to an English-speaking academic environment, and the test is conducted worldwide via three testing options. The TOEFL exam is conducted on a scale of 0-120; a score above 85 is considered pretty good. Students need to enroll on the official website and choose a test center according to preference. After taking the test, within 11-15 days, the score reports are mailed through local postal services.
Types of TOEFL tests are:
- TOEFL iBT test:- Under this option, students take the test on a computer at a test center authorized by ETS.
- TOEFL iBT Home Edition:- Students get the chance to take the test at home under the surveillance of a human proctor.
- TOEFL iBT Paper Edition:- Students get to take the test in two sessions. The speaking section has to be taken on a computer at home, whereas the reading, writing, and listening test has to be answered on paper.