TOEFL, or Test of English as a Foreign Language, is an international standardized test that measures all four academic English skills–reading, listening, speaking, and writing–among non-native English-speaking students. It is conducted by the Educational Testing Service (ETS), to evaluate English proficiency in students that seek admission to universities and colleges in English-speaking countries. The test-takers need to produce some documents at the time of registration and while taking the test. The need for a document ID depends upon which country the student plans to take the test in. Here’s some information regarding the documents required for the TOEFL exam that are common for all countries that accept the exam’s scores:
Table of Contents
List of documents required for TOEFL exam in India and other countries
Here are some of the documents that TOEFL aspirants need to produce at the time of test and registration:
- TOEFL applicants must have a valid passport. The passport should be valid at the time of registration and during the examination as well. Students need to carry the original copy of their passport along with them at the time of examination. Xerox copies or digital pictures of your passport will not be accepted on the exam day.
- If students don’t have a passport, they can register with a National Photo ID or a Military Identification Card. The identification proof should have a photograph of the applicant and it should not be an expired one. The ID should be registered nationally, which proves that the applicant is a citizen of that country.
- For applicants below 15 years of age, a parent’s consent letter is important. The consent form can be downloaded from the official ETS website, and it needs to be submitted before taking the test. Both students and parents need to submit photo ID proofs that are valid and accepted.
A few important tips for TOEFL registration
- Students need to choose the examination center, date, and time carefully at the time of registration.
- The identification document used at the time of registration should be carried along on the day of examination. The details and information mentioned in the registration form should match with the ID proof.
- It is recommended to register 3 to 4 months before the test day to get a convenient date, test center, and timing.
- Do remember the login credentials that are used for registration for the examination. The test-taker profile is very important for all types of test-related communication.
- Always use a credit card or debit card to pay the registration fee.
- Take a printout or save your TOEFL confirmation page for future use.
Download free guides for TOEFL preparation
Study Abroad Preparation Course
What does the Course include:
- 12 Weeks of Dedicated Coaching to Build a robust profile for Top 1% Universities
- SOP & Personal Statements For Academic Writing
- 25 hours of live online classes with mock tests for IELTS
- Visa, University Application & Submission
- Country-specific Support with Education loan Guidance
- International Faculty Masterclass
Important IELTS Exam Resources
IELTS Exam Overview
IELTS is required to be taken by international students and workers who wish to study or work in a country where English is the primary language of communication. Know the complete details.IELTS Online Test
IELTS Exam Syllabus
With the right knowledge of the IELTS exam syllabus and pattern, cracking the popular English test won’t be difficult.IELTS Syllabus
Important Resources For GRE/GMAT Exams
GRE Exam Registration
raduate Record Examination (GRE) is one of the biggest and most popular global tests held by the Educational Testing Service (ETS). It is a standardized examination for entry into courses like MBA, MS, and others at universities worldwide.GRE Registration
GRE Exam Dates for 2023
Booking GRE exam dates 2023 is a simple procedure. You can register by paying US$213 (approx. INR 15,700) and providing your valid passport copy or relevant ID.GRE Exam Dates
GRE Exam Fees
The GRE exam fee in India is around $213 with effect from 1st July 2023. The examination fee in many other countries is $205 while the GRE exam fee for India is the same as countries like Turkey, Australia, China, and Nigeria. The fee for the GRE SubjectGRE Exam Fee
Important Resources For PTE/SAT/ACT Exam
PTE Examination Eligibility Criteria
There are no specific PTE exam eligibility criteria set by Pearson VUE – the organizers of the test.PTE Eligibility
PTE Academic Syllabus
PTE syllabus includes various sections such as Speaking and Writing, Reading, and Listening.PTE Syllabus
Important ExamsIELTS ExamPTE ExamGRE ExamGMAT ExamSAT ExamACT ExamDuolingo English Test
Important Resources for TOEFLTOEFL Eligibility CriteriaTOEFL SyllabusTOEFL Exam DatesTOEFL Exam PatternTOEFL Exam FeeHow to Register for TOEFL Documents Required for TOEFLHow to Prepare for TOEFLTOEFL Exam Preparation TipsTOEFL ResultTOEFL Speaking SectionTOEFL Writing SectionTOEFL Reading SectionTOEFL Accepted Universities in CanadaTOEFL Listening SectionTOEFL Accepted Universities in USATOEFL Accepted Universities in UKTOEFL Accepted CountriesTOEFL vs IELTSTOEFL Essay
Get free Consultation for TOEFL
University Acceptance Rate
- TOEFL Registration
- GRE Exam Registration
- MBA in Canada Without GMAT
- PTE Eligibility
- GRE Study Material
- TOEFL Syllabus
- GMAT Prepration
- GMAT Exam Dates
- TOEFL Tips & Tricks
- GMAT Exam Pattern
- PTE Test Center
- TOEFL Exam Fees
- PTe Syllabus
- Things to Carry for GMAT Exam
- SAT Exam Pattern
- ACT Exam Pattern
- Score 170 in GRE Quant
- GMAT Validity
- TOEFL Eligibility
- GMAT Results
- PTE Score & Results
- Send GRE Score to University
- SAT Eligibility
- TOEFL Required Documents
- TOEFL Exam Dates